Friday, June 5, 2009

"Coop-up-itis" aka At Home, Isolated, Alone

Lately, I've been telling people that I simply don't like people as a reason why I don't get out more. However, lately, I'm wondering if it is the other way around. Because I don't get out more, I've become somewhat uncomfortable around people.

By reading the other blogs, I have learned that one has to be extremely careful with a job or lifestyle of isolation. As you know, I did day care in my home for 17 years prior to returning to school and working for a few years before getting terminated from my job. That termination forced me back into day care from my home. I love children, but I am so struggling with this depression/isolation issue.

Though my spa baths work wonders, it seems I should focus more on finding some sort of social network whether it be with other child care providers (which I have been searching for) or in other circles, preferrably a craft circle of some sort.

Ms. FFF, I couldn't imagine being on a farm, out in the middle of nowhere's ville, all alone. My heart goes out to you. Positive thoughts. Here in Elsinore, it is fairly country in lifestyle. I live in a newer development on the other side of the freeway. The mentality in our city is very laid back, slow country style. The city simply does not offer a whole lot of recreational groups unless you are into boating, motorbike racing and hot rods. Therefore, I will have to expand my horizons to the neighboring cities.

I also have a background in counseling. I have always wanted to get a women's group together just to vent and share ideas. Women carry a lot of the family and household load. We change hats a lot! Support is important for us. Because I am not in the field of counseling any longer, I hesitate in making this happen. Should a discussion open up sensitive areas for someone, it is possible the outcome can be very devastating for that individual. I suppose I could call 911 or report any abuse to Child Protective Services, but it seems like a huge responsibility that I really don't want to take on.

All of you who have shared in your experiences have helped me to gain a better understanding of what has been going on with me. For that, I am extremely greatful!

4 comments:

Saz said...

l think you should go with your gut and form a group, in town, online, by phone it can be done and you sound very motivated...

thanks for your kind words..we moved from the farmlast eyar and downsized...couldnt all manage in so small a space and have upsized recently to a modern box with rooms...

we manage well..

have a good weekend..I shall be working doh!

presious said...

FFF,

Thank you for the encouragement. Will definitely put some thought to it.

Glad to hear of your having moved and that things are working well for you. Not too many people can say that :). YOu are fortunate.

Do not work too hard, just feel productive ;)

Good weekend to you!

Elise said...

You have a natural gift when it comes to helping people. I think you should form a group. Perhaps a few different ones.

A new group blog may be a good idea. Allowing others to join and talk about different things and issues.

Go with your instinct Presious xx

Polly said...

Yes I agree Pres - go with your gut. I do hope that you can link into some networks, a craft group sounds like a mighty fine idea.