Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Moving On

I would like to thank you all for your comments and your honesty regarding my situation with this man. It was really helpful and confirming to my own thoughts. I haven't heard from him. I'm sure somewhere down the line, I will begin to capture those good memories and want to call him. However, the more I think about his behavior and how he lied to me, the easier it gets to accept that I am done with him. As for today, I feel good about where I am with this issue. I feel like I made a good move because I did it for me.

Though I feel good emotionally, my allergies are a wee bit worse. I plan to stop by the drug store and pick up some Night Quil. That seems to work really well for me. During the day, I drink a lot of lemon tea to help my throat, chest and cough.

I will have a full house today of all my children. Being that my allergies are so present, the plan is to feed the kids first, then take them outside to play. The weather is supposed to be a bit cooler today. When I do it this way, it provides incentive for those little ones who take forever to chew their food...lol! They realize in order to go outside to play, they must finish their food...lol! Works really well

5 comments:

Suburbia said...

Sorry your allergies are bothering you. Great that you have 'sorted' out your man problem :)

Elise said...

You sound so positive! I'm happy for you. You do have a way with children. A good idea to set an insentive. I'd better learn these little tricks :) xx

presious said...

Suburbia

Yes, it is in my chest now, I'm going to wait a while and hope I can turn it around. Usually, it takes weeks before it settles down.

So far, I'm not phased by him. I do feel I am going to feel it eventually. Afterall, we were friends for 13 years. I am angry right now and I am just taking it one day at a time. I feel extremely good that I told him how I feel with all that I had.

Thank you for your encouragement. It really does help.

Elsie,

Yes indeed my dear. There are lots of little tricks with kids once you know their soft spots...lol! Don't get me wrong, now. Kids can totally drive you up the wall, lol, but overall, they are the most adorable little beings on earth. Especially they way they learn about the world. Everything is so fascinating to them.

We are doing snack time right now. I have this one little boy who eats "nothing" but crackers. Obviously, that is not healthy. So, I peeled some apples (most kids don't like the skin), cut them in very small cubes and only gave him like 4 of the cubes.

For him, thats really a lot! So, I made him a deal. If he eats the apples, I will give him a cracker. :) Yes it worked. Tomorrow I might have to do something totally different...lol! It's been along journey with this one, but he is making progress i.e. green beans, mixed veggies, broccoli, fish and apples have all been introduced to him over the past 3 weeks. He is doing well.

Polly said...

Im so happy things have been sorted out and I think you will be much better off for doing so.

I love your incentives. Ollie and I are starting to count moutfuls. I tell him he has to eat 3 more mouthfuls before he leaves the table - he is going ok so far!!

lori vliegen said...

hi presious! great to hear that you're feeling like you're in a good place with your man situation...one day at a time, right?! and super glad to hear that you feel good because you did this for YOU! you're worth doing great things for, always remember that!

hope you're feeling better with your allergies soon! :)