Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update on the Creatures

I did find an inexpensive exterminator. He even cut the initial treatment from $110 to $60 with treatments every three months for $84. I think that's a really good deal. He said in order to be absolutely sure the creatures are gone, he'd have to treat a few more times. I will stay on contract for about 6 months then I will cancel. Prior to the last tenant, we've never had issues with creatures. I don't want to pay for something I won't need. Should it become an issue again in the future, I can always sign up on contract again.

Ok....I speak to the company, Lloyd's Pest Control. We agree to do the contract via fax. I set up my fax machine and Arthur faxes the contract so I can sign it and fax it back. I'm thinking we are finally on our way to resolution.

Well, the fax comes, but I am out of ink!....Ugh! So, with money being tight, I send my boy to Walmart for the ink. Walmart is out of it. They suggest Staples. So off he goes. That location is out of it too! They were nice enough to call the next location and have them to hold one for us. The blasted ink refill cost $49.00! Ghee! Could it possibly be anymore expensive for a black ink refill?!!

Didn't have time to worry about the cost. In the meantime, I called Lloyds to see what time they close for the day. By now it was about 4:45 pm. They close at 5:00 pm. They said it was ok and that they will still go out to the house. At the time I called the company, my son was trying to call me and said that the fax was interrupting the phone line (my fax and phone are the same line). So, dummy me, I unplug the fax machine and lost the contract that was stored in memory!!...lol! It was the end of the day and I was very tired...lol!
As we speak, the fax in being re-sent. By the end of the day, we should be nicely squared away. Treatment will be done, house aired out and the tenant can move in...:). That is the goal of the day.

Positive thoughts and prayers!

No comments: