Monday, October 12, 2009

Much Appreciation

I want to thank you girls for responding to my blog regarding my little friend/client in prison.
From my experience of working in juvenile hall, it can take a while for a letter to arrive, go through inspection and finally be given to the inmate. A lot of illegal items go through the mail of the prison system. So, it is very understandable. However, the wait can be a bit trying on one's patience :). Then I have to wait for the process to go in reverse when/if he writes me back. It will be awhile before I know.

I did call today and was able to leave a message for the therapist on his unit. He may not be receiving therapy. It would be his choice. A lot of the time, inmates don't trust therapist. It took a lot for him to trust me in the beginning. It's just the nature of their lifestyle. The good news is, he doesn't have to be in therapy in order for the therapist to let him know that I left a message for him.

I am very excited. The wait and anticipation is very difficult. I feel like I am holdling my breath...lol! Keep in mind, he might not want to contact me. He may feel that I have abandoned him. Then again, if anyone would look for him, he knew it would be me.

Time will tell! The wait is on!

5 comments:

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

hope you get good news back from him

Betty Manousos said...

I agree with you(last paragragh)
xxx

presious said...

Thanks ladies. I have learned over the years, patience is truly a virtue. This will only make me develop that virtue even more :).

Polly said...

Yes I hope you hear from him too.

linda said...

I think early intervention with young people (in particular men) can do wonders for their future. With the right tools and encouragement great things can be achieved. I hope it all goes well.