Saturday, October 3, 2009

Took Friday Off

I did it! I did it! I took yesterday off from the daycare :). I planned it two weeks in advance. I felt horribly guilty until today, after I returned home.

My son was such a huge help. He took all the kids' carseats out of the van. He vacuumed it out, loaded up blankets, the lawn chairs, and a kitchen box. I drove up to Oceanside Habor, stopped at the store for a few items of food supplies and then to the beach side. I got there about 11:15am. There was a marine layer but the temperature was perfect with a nice cool breeze!

A platonic friend met me up there. Been knowing him for years. He's been pretty stressed out. He bought t-bone steaks that he cooked...yummie!! Then we made a bonfire and talked for a very long, long time. I stayed the night and came home midmorning today.

I had intended to stay till sunday afternoon, but I had two weekend daycare kids. My daughter and my sons took care the daycare. They were champs! I felt guilty because my daughter works at night. When she came in from work in the morning, she received and took care of the two day care kids with the help of my boys. I felt bad. So I came home saturday.
It was so worth it. I feel great. Waking up to the sound of the waves...there's nothing like it! Morning coffee sitting on the beach....awwwwhh! Now I'm really anxious to get my motorhome finished!

5 comments:

linda said...

You must have really, really enjoyed the time off. Well done to your children helping out. Don't feel guilty, I figure you have earnt it ten times over.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i would have to drive 12 plus hours to get to a beach so i am so jealous! glad you got out and got a break and sounds like you got some wonderful kids

presious said...

Linda,

I felt guilty because I had made the plans to take off prior to the new kids. They are still adjusting to being here. The boy is quite a busy one :). So, I felt bad for my own kids to deal with him.

Ms. Crib (if I may),

I couldn't imagine living 12 hours from the ocean! I don't get into the water, but I really enjoy the calming effects of it.

I use to go more often when my kids were younger. The plan is to start going again. Yes, my kids are actually really good kids. They do have their moments, but I love 'em anyways :).

Polly said...

Well good on you Pres. Im so pleased to hear you doing some wonderful things for yourself. You go girl.

presious said...

Thanks girls!