Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Paper in the Mail

A few days ago, I received that date of sale notice from the bank for my home. Yes, my heart must have skipped 10 beats! I immediately contacted my rep who assured me they can prevent the sale of my home as long as the modification process is still active. My thing is, the bank itself said I do not qualify for any of their programs, including their in-house program. So, I'm just wondering what more can be done.

No, I don't want to loose my house, but it gets hard "hanging in there" holding my breath, wondering whether or not I will have to find a place to live for my family. There's a lot to consider with such a move in today's economy. I will admit, should I loose the house, a large part of me would be relieved because, at this point, I owe so much on the house. I don't like that kind of debt. I've lost jobs twice which has significant contribution to my current financial situation. Each job admitted it was not due to anything I had done wrong. "It wasn't personal." I really do not want to go back in to the work force for fear of that happening again.

In a nutshell, I wish this thing would go one way or the other once and for all. If the mod. goes through, I can handle the monthly payments that they have me set for. If I should have to move, I'm thinking rent for a 3 bedroom would be about the same if not a little more. So either way, I believe I can handle the monthly payment. However, if have to move, finding a place would be a major issue. These days, landlords, understandably so, require a good credit score. With a modification, I'm not sure what my credit score would look like, therefore, influencing my chances of finding a place to live.

Happy thoughts and prayers!'s not over yet! :-D


Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, Presious...I will pray for you!! I'm sorry to hear this!!! I will pray that God works a miracle on your behalf! Love you, Janine XO

presious said...

Hey Sniffles!

Where you been? I do hope you are doing well.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I do have faith that it will be what God will have it to be. I've been doing a lot of praying as well.

Love ya'too! :-D

Slamdunk said...

Sorry to hear about your situation. That must be very difficult. You and your family are in my prayers.

presious said...


Thank you so much. I'm trying to stay optimistic. If this doesn't work out, then there are other things I can do that will take a lot of shifting around, but are doable.

Thanks for your support :-)

saz said...

l am thinking of you and sending good hope your way...l have been there and it is sad and very hard to lose what you have worked so hard for....but l have come to realise that the roof above your head is just that....that said if you can manage to stay put, you avoid all the stress, credit hassles and it is home...l hope it works out that you can stay, if not we are all behind you...

luv saz x

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Hello, Presious!

I'm sorry...I don't make it around everyday to comment...I get so busy, and overwhelmed myself sometimes...but that doesn't mean that you are not in my thoughts...I looked at your profile again tonight...and you know what? I suspect that we are only a few months apart in age...yet, another thing we have in common...what a special gift finding you was!! And I see that you know my dear friend Saz! I'm delighted!
But I stopped by tonight because I want you to know that I keep praying and praying...and wish I could save your home or at least, give you a big hug...sigh. I can't save your home...and I can't even give you a hug...I'll have substitute cyber hugs instead...But I want you to know that I love you! Janine XO

Linda and her Twaddle said...

The not knowing is the worst. If it is going to happen, then happen. The anticipation must be so distracting and fill you with anxiety.

presious said...


Thank you all so very much for your support and understanding. It really means a lot. I am doing this alone and it is truly fearful.